Direct COVER scanning - TWAIN support or like to scan covers

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
jehale
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Direct COVER scanning - TWAIN support or like to scan covers

Post by jehale »

First let me say how much I appreciate DVDPedia and the level of support. Really quite amazing.

Living in Australia there are many titles that do not always exist on our local search site (ezydvd) but do so (in some form or another) on Amazon. For the most part this is ok, except in the area of cover art. Invariably the Australian version will have a different cover.

It struck me it would be nice to be able to connect to my scanner while in DVDPedia and simply scan the cover directly into my entry.

Not sure how difficult this would be to use the TWAIN driver supplied and hence the scanner interface supplied by the scanner. I assume it would be then a matter of getting the image (perhaps via clipboard) and just pasting.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

You can add any cover you like to entries, including those you scanned yourself. Copy pasting should work fine in the Add/Edit window but otherwise drag the image into the image well (below the collections) to make it part of the entry. Just make sure you have the resolution set to 72 dpi since that'll give you the best results.
jehale
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by jehale »

This is what I currently do.

It would be nice to do it without seeming to leave DVDPedia.

One way would be to have a preference as to the input device so instead of only using the iSight, I could assign my scanner (via its TWAIN interface.)

Then when I select "Capture cover art for selection..." it would open a connection to my scanner, launch its interface (perhaps even set scan resolution to 72 dpi) and after I scan, drop the cover art into its rightful place.