Printing Smart Collection - Bookpedia

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
nanak
Contributor
Contributor

Printing Smart Collection - Bookpedia

Post by nanak »

I have just completed entering my library (100's of books) which I have broken down into Smart Collections. I only wish to print out the title, author, genre and location columns. Is there a shortcut to export them as tab delimited into Excel without having to copy/paste and adjust all the columns. None of the choices fit, they either have too much or too little info.

Many thanks for a wonderful product.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

If you set the table view to only have the title, author, genre and location columns you can then use the internal print list function and set the pop-up choice to custom. It will mimic the layout of the columns including the spacing for printing. If you would quickly like to go to Excel, you can use the export and the tab option under the text tab, it will export the current columns. To change columns quickly you can use the "Make Default Columns" and "Apply Default Columns" options (keep at least one collection with the column layout you use for printing so that you can apply it to others quickly). Also if you like one of the included print templates you can modify them to include only the info you want and create a brand new template. If this sounds interesting you can find more information in the included help or here at the forum.
nanak
Contributor
Contributor

Printing Smart Collections - Bookpedia

Post by nanak »

Thank you Conor, this worked fine and saved my so much time. I will also try and play with the templates to see what I can produce but the list version is good for now.

Many thanks.