Data Folder Location

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
jazzybeat
Contributor
Contributor

Data Folder Location

Post by jazzybeat »

Ok this is really weird bug. I have two NAS storage devices. One is for media and one is for working. When I was creating my DVD Library on DVDPedia these devices was both on. I was linking at that time my video files which was located on NAS2 I tested it as playing and working. Folder path that appears in Edit>Links is "file:///Volumes/media-2/DVD's/French/De battre mon couer"

I turn off NAS1 and NAS2 and next day I turn only NAS2 where I was linking the files. My files got lost linkage, they don't play. I took a look at the path everything was the same. I decided to try relink file. I realize that path changed, now my paths appears "file:///Volumes/media-1/DVD's/French/De battre mon couer".

I found after few minutes that depending in which order I turn my NAS devices on, its effects DVD pedia URL paths. Sometimes my NAS2 appears

"file:///Volumes/media/DVD's/French/De battre mon couer"
"file:///Volumes/media-2/DVD's/French/De battre mon couer"
"file:///Volumes/media-1/DVD's/French/De battre mon couer"

So there is no way I can link my files on my NAS, they mostly never going to play

Can somebody confirm this bug.

Thanks
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the bug report. Download DVDpedia again and it will adjust the link if necessary for a volume where the mount point changed. So all those links you mentioned would point to the volume named "media".
jazzybeat
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jazzybeat »

I think the problem here is that DVDPedia does not take the real Volume name for external devices. My two NAS devices has a names "NAS1" and "NAS2". It would be logical to see a full link with the name:
"file:///Volumes/NAS2/DVD's/French/De battre mon couer"

Is there is a reason its using "media" "media2" instead real device name?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

It uses the mount point because it's the path the finder will understand to be able to open the movie. But there should not be a problem with the udpated version of DVDpedia.
jazzybeat
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jazzybeat »

Thank you it works now. I'm amaze how quickly you guys fixing things :-)

Thank you again for small fixes.