[DVDpedia] Working with Titles

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
Rigido
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

[DVDpedia] Working with Titles

Post by Rigido »

Hi,
I just started trying to work "seriously" with my DVD collection and I found something weird or, better yet, that I would like to be improved.
Many times different sites uses different titles for the same DVD and that makes hard to find the same DVD between them, so it would be nice if it could be possible to do something like this:

1. cmd-F to add a new DVD
2. search for the title using the currently selected plug-in
3. highlight some text from TITLE or ORIGINAL TITLE and select another plug-in on the "gear" button.
4. repeat 3 until all the info are full.

Do you think that it could be possible?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the idea. Original title is a relative new field and so is not used by a lot of the plug-ins. We are working right now in updating the plug-ins so that they take the original title into account and will do a search based on that if necessary to get the correct result.
Rigido
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Rigido »

Thank you Conor,
but I was talking non just of Original Title field (that would help non English people to find better info on movies from (i.e.) IMDb) but for the Title field itself. If there is no highlighted text on title or originalTitle then search by title otherwise search for the highlighted text.
Why I come to this?
dvd-store: "I corti Pixar Collection - Primo Volume"
terminavideo: "Pixar - I Corti #01"
Independently from the original title it would be really helpful to do the first search with dvd-store, highlight just "pixar" and go on with terminalvideo.
Don't you think? :)
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the idea. It could be extra information to pass to the plug-ins to let them know what is highlighted, but I don't most think users will understand such a complex workflow.