Temporarily change "add first search result" preference

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
ZZamboni
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Temporarily change "add first search result" preference

Post by ZZamboni »

Hi,

I am finally in the process of adding my DVD collection at full speed, after borrowing a barcode scanner from a friend (much faster than iSight scanning!). I have "add first search result automatically" set to speed up the process. The problem I have is that when the barcode search fails (e.g. for foreign or obscure DVDs) I like to do a title search, but in this case I would like to temporarily flip this preference so I can choose the best among the search results. As it is now, I have to go to the preferences and change it. It would be nice if I could change it just for one search, by pressing Option-Return instead of Return, or a checkbox in the search dialog, or something like this.

Thank you for a great program!
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Temporarily change "add first search result" preference

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the feedback. You can have the preference window open to quickly check and uncheck the preference. But the request for the option clicking on the search button is quite reasonable, so download the program again and that will be enabled.
ZZamboni
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Re: Temporarily change "add first search result" preference

Post by ZZamboni »

Wow! This is what I call prompt service. Works perfectly. Thanks a lot! :-)