Working with Cover Art [dvdpedia]

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
sitenoise
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Working with Cover Art [dvdpedia]

Post by sitenoise »

How about a contextual menu to edit the cover art in Preview or some other chosen application?

Even better how about a command to automatically trim about 4 pixels from the edges? HaHa!

It bugs me when the cover art has a pixel or two border because it wasn't trimmed properly, especially in Cover view. I know I'm being anal here, but hey! :roll:

As it stands right now I have to drag the image out of the well to my desktop, open it in preview, trim it, save it, and then drag it back to the well and then delete it from my desktop. Am I perhaps missing something that might make this more streamlined?

If you didn't make the program so good looking to begin with, I might not have to go to these lengths to keep up. :wink:
TheMatador
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Working with Cover Art [dvdpedia]

Post by TheMatador »

Yeah, I share his opinion. Would be nice to have something like that.
Or even better: DVDpedia is recognizing the white border and is removing it automaticly :). I guess there is already a function in xcode available which can do that.
lenbanks
Contributor
Contributor

Post by lenbanks »

I also do the trimming. This feature would be very welcomed!
sitenoise
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sitenoise »

I tried dragging directly from dvdpedia onto Photoshop icon in the dock. Trimmed and saved but the changes didn't actually take. I think the image that got trimmed ended up in a tmp directory. Or something.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Dragging directly won't work as the cover is renamed and placed in the temporary folder so that the drag will result in a cover that has the name of the movie and not a number. So you have to drag to the desktop then Photoshop and then back to DVDpedia. I have added the automatic cropping of the white border, so please download the beta and test it out, let me know if you run into any problems with the cropping.
sitenoise
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sitenoise »

I can't figure out how it is supposed to work. Is there a command / contextual menu I'm missing?

I tried re-downloading something to see if it only worked at that point:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100935/ for example
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

It only works for new images. When you do a new search less images will have a white border, as it will look for that and remove it (there are so many possibilities for images that it will only remove the white border in the more common cases, some images might still have white borders.).