Apple TV browsing

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
bunland
Inductee
Inductee

Apple TV browsing

Post by bunland »

While I know it is not out yet, and I imagine Apple has kept most (if not all) developers in the dark as to how open it will be, but it would amazing to browse my DVD library from my couch with Apple TV. Possibility? Amazing application by the way!
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

I would say it's highly unlikely that it will be open to third parties, just like the news floating around about the iPhone. Will find out what the possibilities are once we get our own.
stonneway
Contributor
Contributor

Post by stonneway »

I second that request too.

I'm not sure that it will be closed, or at least that a work around wont be available. In the same way you can get FrontRow to play non-standard codecs, from non-local sources just by using a combo of aliases and work arounds, you could do the same for apple tv (its frontrow in the box).

Perhaps you could create an entry in iTunes for Bookpedia, and create each book as a cd. That way you would get artwork etc, and it would show on frontrow/apple tv.
Mon1018

Post by Mon1018 »

Conor wrote:I would say it's highly unlikely that it will be open to third parties, just like the news floating around about the iPhone. Will find out what the possibilities are once we get our own.
I agree.