Is it possible to change the default field titles in CDPedia

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
marksealey
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Is it possible to change the default field titles in CDPedia

Post by marksealey »

I have little use for some of the fields in CDPedia - 'mixed' for example; and those associated with borrowing.

I use the four Custom fields. But is it possible to change these permanently to headings I do use?

TIA....
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

There is a file inside the program package called RealTitles.strings that will let you change the name of these fields in all places but the add/edit panel. The location of the file depends on what language you use the program in for the English version it is in: Bookpedia.app/Contents/Resources/english.lproj/RealTitles.strings There are also post here in the forum with more details about renaming fields; search for "RealTitles".
marksealey
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by marksealey »

Thanks, Conor!

Will doing that in any way compromise the operation of CDPedia?

Presumably all such edits would be lost at each upgrade?

Thought: could it be made a configuration option, please?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Changing the fields won't affect CDpedia. It's just taking advantage of the fact that CDpedia comes in many languages to change the titles. Upgrading the program will replace that RealTitles.strings file; but keeping a copy outside of the program of the modified file that you can drop into upgrades makes changes easy. Keeping the add/edit panel modified during upgrades is on the other hand very tricky. We hope to provide more flexibility in the future.
marksealey
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by marksealey »

Thanks again, Conor!

It's really actually in those very places (Add and Edit) that it would be useful. Being able to enter values which I use that aren't already there (I review CDs and need to keep track of my requests/publications) is what I want - and have already used up all my four Custom-defined.

So thanks; looks as though I'll wait. Patiently! Great program :-)