Printing HTML Documents?

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
DreamStatic
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Printing HTML Documents?

Post by DreamStatic »

Hello everyone!

Just wondering if anyone has mastered an automator or applescript to select the exported html files from DVDpedia for printing? This way you don't have to manually go thru the process with hundreds of exported files?

For example, you have a folder full of the exported html documents you exported from DVDpedia ready for printing. You can open each one manually with Safari and it looks great, prints great. However, I don't want to do this manually. So does anyone have it set up so they could say select 10 - 15 of the html files in the finder, right click go to automator option, select pre-built automator action, and have it open each up and print using Safari? I tried to print from finder, but it doesn't understand the html document correctly and jacks up the printing. Be cool to have this process automated. Long shot I know, but thought I would start here before I spent anymore time researching and trying to figure out how to do this. Thanks in advance for anyone with applescript/automator knowledge helping out.

On another note, be cool since DVDpedia has a webkit built in, to be able to open a printing template for printing in that window. I currently have my print export template also set up as a infoview template to make sure all the info looks good. So just adding a print option in that window could make printing fairly easy. I assume it is using the same webkit Safari uses? So could it also use the same print option Safari uses? Or is that not included in the webkit. By doing this, it would totally wipe out the need to export for printing. I ask this, because most people want to print stuff from DVDpedia, but are always told to export it and print it in a browser. I am sure it is more difficult than I make it sound, just curious. Thanks so much.

Loving DVDpedia, can't wait to see more coolness with the fullscreen part.

~DreamStatic
DreamStatic
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by DreamStatic »

I just wanted to reply to my "own" post, hehe.

I am totally impressed with the new printing capabilities. I know this has been a source for many, many questions, etc on the forum. So THANK YOU VERY MUCH for spending who knows how many hours coding this template support for printing directly from DVDpedia.

Excellent. VERY PLEASED!! Always impressed with the team's customer support. Keep up the fantastic work!

:)

~DreamStatic
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you. Next will have to implement your excellent idea of the full size preview in the webkit instead of the print sheet. :)
DreamStatic
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by DreamStatic »

Goodness, you flatter me. All credit goes to you and your team. You all continue to impress with great customer service and a fantastic product.

And yes . . . I am a fanboy. :)

Thanks again. Happy coding.

~DreamStatic