[Gamepedia] some requests

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
miniconvert
Inductee
Inductee

[Gamepedia] some requests

Post by miniconvert »

I'm demoing Gamepedia right now and I like it. Realistically, I could track my collection in a spreadsheet, but Gamepedia makes it way more fun.

I'm wondering if the software currently can, and I'm missing it, or if the software may in the future do some additional things.

Knowing who has borrowed a game from me is great, but I'd like to also keep track of games I've borrowed or rented and when they are due back.

It'd also be nice if there was an option to separate the game library from the systems and accessories themselves. So in essence I'd have a game library and a system/accessories library. Current I'm not able to create a smart collection that shows just games, it always includes the system as well. If the systems/accessories were separate from the games themselves, a smart collection to then be used to "combine" them again if desired.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for considering our program.

You could label the system/accessories entries as such using one of the custom fields and then you could keep them out of smart collections by adding a rule custom one is not an accessory. Another alternative is to drag all the system/accessories into a new collection and then from the file menu tell it to exclude that collection from your library collection; it will keep them out of smart collection as well as your regular library.

We do get request for another special type collection that would distinguish between borrowed and lent. At the moment you have to drag it to the borrowed collection as well as set yourself as the borrower, to get the due back in X days banner over the cover image as well as the automatic entry into the borrowed history when you return the game. If being the borrower yourself is a bit confusing and you are not interested in the banner and the borrowed history, create a collection for rented games and display the due date column to enter due dates. Then you can use a smart collection based on the due date and rule that the game is in that rented collection to know when games you rented/borrowed are soon due or overdue.

Thank you for the feedback and letting us know what would make Gamepedia better.