DVDpedia: Group movies to "boxset"

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.

Would it be cool to group movies?

Hell yeah!
94%
No way, why should I?
6%

Total votes: 17

erlandsen

DVDpedia: Group movies to "boxset"

Post by erlandsen »

Hi

It could be great to have a feature that bundles movies together. Ex; I have bought all of the BMW shortmovies on one DVD, but they figures as 7 seperate DVD's.

Select you movies, hit CMD+G and you movies group as one like in Adobe Bridge. Maybe even with the possibility of setting a cover for the collection just like a boxset...!?

uh uh... you could also make it possible to have one movie to figure in several groups so when you click it it shows which collections it's in?

I know we have playlists - sorry collections - but they take up a lot of space.
Rigido
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Rigido »

Any news on this feature request? It is exactly what I was looking for...
Rigido
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Rigido »

When I first used DVDpedia I thought that a boxset feature would be great but now, after using DVDpedia for a while, I think that it is useless. Why?
Some times ago Nora told me about the link feature, to link DVDs between each other so I come to an end:
Enter each movie as standalone entry maybe using the movie poster as cover but with full DVD technical info, then make one entry for the boxset (with the real boxset image) and link all the movies to it. Moreover I would use the Media field to store "Boxset" and define a Smart Collection for all the "Media type is Boxset" ;)

If I could change my vote I would vote "No" but I would ask developers to write a FAQ about it...