Is this movie on line?

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
lannp
Captain
Captain

Is this movie on line?

Post by lannp »

That's a feature I think will make DVDPedia the Top of the Heap! The way I define my collections is that each of my collection contains all the ISO images on one USB hard drive. So I name my hard drive and the collection the same way. Say I have USB1 and USB2, each one with 100 ISO movies. My database then has two collections USB1 and USB2. DVDPedia allows me to select either of the collections and I can browse through all my movies. Suppose only USB1 is on line in my Mac mini, OS X knows that USB1 is on line and its name is available to the system, while USB2, being off line is not. It would be GREAT if DVDPEdia can sense that USB1 is on line and USB2 is not. It then can "grey out" collection USB2 so by just looking at DVDPedia display, I know that I only have USB1 on line, and do not try to mount movies in the USB2 collection. This idea can be generalized to each individual movie and those that do not have the ISO image on line will be greyed out. This is the "link" between software (the fields in the database) and the hardware (the movie itself) that DVDPedia does not have at this time. Because the Mac mini only has 4 USB slots (and using USB hub has problems for some drives) knowing which movie is on line is valuable information to have.