Multiple entries into lookup at once?

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
Bruce
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Multiple entries into lookup at once?

Post by Bruce »

Howdy. As another poster pined ... my satellite access is undependable and expensive! I may quit it to avoid the expense and frustration. I can use my work internet access after work hours no problem. Is there a way I can enter ISBN numbers (at home) for later lookup, i.e., have bookpedia store several ISBN numbers?

Or, a second choice: Can I type the ISBN numbers (no scanner yet) into a file and then feed it to bookpedia for a "group" lookup? If so, what would be the desired/required format for the list of ISBN numbers?

Thanks ... bruce
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

What you want to do is enter the ISBNs into a text file, separated by a return to get a list like this:

Then in Bookpedia, open the 'Add multiple' window (you'll find the command under the Edit menu) and copy paste the list into the search field. It's just a one-line field but it can take it... Now hit the 'Add' button and start the search. (The search will use whichever site you have selected in the regular search window so make sure you have the correct one chosen there before you start.)
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

You can also use "add manually" and only add the ISBN number for the book. Then you will have a bunch of empty books with only ISBN numbers that you can run the "get advance info" command on at work (sorting by title will bring those books with empty title to the top to select them).
Bruce
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Bruce »

Nora, Conor ... many thanks, once again!

bruce