Read Only Database

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
gregz100
Contributor
Contributor

Read Only Database

Post by gregz100 »

DVDPedia (I think previous to version 4) used to support access on a read-only library. So, I have two users on a computer, one user does all the editing, etc., of the DVD library, the other just looks to see what's in it, movie ideas, etc. I don't wan that second user to be able to edit the library. The way I handled it in the passed is by putting the library on a NAS volume so both had access, but only one could make changes (based on the rights in the NAS).

Now, with version 4.1.2, I get an error when I try to access that library from the 'read-only' user. It says: Failed to save. Unknown store type, format, or version.

Any ideas?

Greg
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

The new version also supports read only access from other users. In fact it's more specific when you do try to make changes it lets you know that you don't have write access and that the changes were not saved, instead of the general not saved error. The error you mentioned sounds as if the second user has no access at all to the file and is unable to read the database. Do you get the error if you give them write access as well?