isight problem

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
Marc

isight problem

Post by Marc »

Hi
I've just bought the bundle of 4 xpedia, because it's (in theory) possible do add entries using an isight like in Delicious Library.

But the softwares don't recognize bar code. The isight works, I see the red lines, I see the bar code.
I've tried with many support (dvd, book, game boxe, withour reflexion )
I've tried all distance, making focus, move
I even use 1000 watt of light to have enough light and contrast

No green lines...

Any idea ?

Thanks

... Marc
Marc

Re: isight problem

Post by Marc »

I'm using an iMac Intel 24" (last white version) with leopard (10.5.7)

I've used the version of bookpedia that gives the version of isignt :

20/06/09 19:07:05 Bookpedia[2241] Device: UVC Camera VendorID_1452 ProductID_34049
20/06/09 19:07:05 Bookpedia[2241] Name: iSight intégrée

It's the one that doesn't work.
So what can I do ?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

ProductID_34049 is indeed the camera that we have a problem with and are trying to resolve. We have not yet figured out what makes it different. Our hardest problem is we haven't yet found access to a computer with one, as it was only seem to be part of a small set of iMacs.
ehran
Inductee
Inductee

Post by ehran »

Hello

same problem , using external isight with good lighting , see the red lines, they turn green for a second or less and then red again, keep flashing red & green but nothing happens in the search box... I had bought a licence plus a licence for "ibédé" and Im very disapointed to see its not working :(

The isight scanning in Delicious Library is by far much better !
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

ehran wrote:The isight scanning in Delicious Library is by far much better !
For me DVDpedia's iSight scanning has been more finicky than DL's was.
Meven
Inductee
Inductee

Post by Meven »

Hello all,

I got same problem here. With my Macbook Pro, it works like a charm ! I put a bar code in front of the camera and Bookpedia see in the 2 sc what it is.

But with my new iMac 27", i got a problem. The isight seems to be short-sightedness. I can't make Bookpedia understand any bar code. Green line can light but 1/10 sc !

Is there a way to make that works ?

Thanks,
Meven
ditaric

Post by ditaric »

Hi,

I have the same problem mentioned here: I am unable to scan documents using my macbook pro's isight. It works in DL however.
I hope the developers will help here because I am reluctant to pay for the software unless I will have all the functionalities it offers
Regards
ditaric

Post by ditaric »

Hello again,

No comment/opinion on why the camera scanning barcodes does not work ? I would love to find a solution for that problem as I think bookpedia could be the best app for that kind of job if the barcode scanning worked.
Hope to have some support,
Thanks
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

We are actually working on a new version of the scanning at the moment.
ditaric

Post by ditaric »

Thanks for the reply !! Im very excited to learn that and I am looking forward to testing it, hopefully soon ! I'm a customer as soon as I know barcode scanning is functional !
mjgrothaus
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mjgrothaus »

Last edited by mjgrothaus on Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

We don't have a release date for the new iSight code. It's still in the early stages since it's a whole new approach to the problem of reading the barcodes so it will probably take a while to be ready for testing and release.
alorenzen
Contributor
Contributor

Post by alorenzen »

Just one assumption from my end that may interest you for you development.
It seem that either contrast or brightness affecting this. When I scan during daylight it works much better then in evening with lamp light.
Other thing is it seem to be important which side of the code is up. If the side with numbers is on the bottom it seems to work better. Usually this should not make any difference
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Light is definitely a major factor in the scanning feature. The more light there is, the more contrast it creates and the easier it becomes for the code to pick up the UPC.
The reason the barcode orientation matters (i.e. the numbers have to face down) is because our code reads only in one direction at the moment for speed reasons. But we're working on revamping the entire iSight feature with a completely different approach to the problem so hopefully for the next iSight scanning version the orientation of the UPC won't matter.
mikehr2

Post by mikehr2 »

I have a 17" macbook pro with built in camera. Intel based processor purchased January 2008.
Model Name: MacBook Pro 17"
Model Identifier: MacBookPro2,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.33 GHz
I cannot get the isight camera to work.... tried all kinds of light, angled the CD everything. I have not been able to scan one CD. I see the red barcode lines and a green change rarely. I spent an hour trying just for the challenge. NO success. I moved all my CD collection from Delicious Library because of the awesome iphone app that syncs to the cd pedia. The isight
worked GREAT in DL! SO EASY... WHY WILL IT NOT WORK HERE. I am sooo frustrated. I even have trouble adding CD's using the barcode #? should that work? It does not. I can buy the usb scanner but was trying to avoid having another usb device. I LOVE this program can we get the isight scanner to work.

thanks,
mike