Problems in full screen mode

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
cubimen
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Problems in full screen mode

Post by cubimen »

In Book&DVDpedia 4.5.4 I can't navigate in full screen mode with my apple remote. I can't move between items or access the menus. My system is Snow Leopard 10.6.2 and the apple remote work properly in others apps.
Thanks for your help
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Problems in full screen mode

Post by Conor »

Wanted to let you know that I was not able to repeat the bug, but are investigating further.
Blue
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Blue »

I can confirm, I am having this same issue in DVDPedia 4.5.4 under Mac OS 10.6.2.

Mac Mini (Intel Core 2 Duo) hooked up to HDTV, remote does not work in full screen mode.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Can you please try out the beta version of Bookpedia and DVDpedia. It should now ask you to download the new Candleair driver when going to full screen in order to fix the Snow Leopard issue. If that works please also let me know if you run into any other hitches with the remote navigation as I had to rewrite it all to be compatible with the new code.
Blue
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Blue »

Beautiful job!
Blue
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Blue »

Any way you could make it so you can press Menu on the remote and it disables Front Row and goes back to the full screen mode? When I am done playing a movie it would be nice if I could click a button on the remote to take me back to DVDPedia. Ideally I am looking for a solution where I will never have to pick up the mouse and keyboard again (unless I am adding new movies to the collection of course).
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

The problem with the remote is that the front most application receives the commands. Try holding down the menu button as this activates full screen in DVDpedia, but depending on the front most application that command might never make it to DVDpedia. The best solution for this is to use a program like Remote Buddy that completely locks the remote to itself then you can control all applications, including both DVDpedia and your favorite movie player.
cubimen
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by cubimen »

The 4.5.5 for Book&DVD pedia's solve the problem. Now the apple remote control works properly in full screen mode. Great!