Duplicates

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
sgraham884

Duplicates

Post by sgraham884 »

In DVDpedia I ran the option to show duplicates and I get the list of different movies with the same title (this I would expect).
What I don't understand is I get other movies listed that don't have duplicates, any ideas why these are showing up?
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Duplicates

Post by Nora »

Could you send us your Database.dvdpd file so we can take a look at those duplicates here? You'll find the file in your Home folder under ~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia/Database.dvdpd. Please archive the file before sending it to save space. (Select it and choose 'Archive' or 'Compress' from the File menu. That'll create a new file called 'Database.dvdpd.zip' which you can then attach to the email.) Thanks!

You'll find our email on the support page.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

The duplicates are based both on title as well as the UPC/ISBN field. List the UPC column in the duplicates collection to find out if that is the case. UPC duplicates are likely from a copy/paste operation. If your not interested in the UPC information you can remove it for all DVDs by selecting them all and using multiple edit to delete all UPCs.
sgraham884

Post by sgraham884 »

Well it was the upc field. I deleted that from the files that were not
dups. and they went away. As far as the cut and paste that I did not do.
All of the films were added with the add new movie feature. Thanks.