Plugin?

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
DreamStatic
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Plugin?

Post by DreamStatic »

I am a total rookie newbie to xcode, but have been playing around with it lately. Since I enjoy DVDpedia so much, I have been tweaking on the Plugin you provide (thank you). I have it working for my needs, I am simply updating a field, nothing fancy. :) However, I would like it to update the "Date Modified" field, but it doesn't because it is directly editing it I guess. As I can open the edit window and hit save it and it updates Date Modified. Is there a way to do something like this:

Code: Select all

setValue:currentDateTime forKey:@"datemodified"
Thanks for always helping people with stuff that has nothing to do with the intended purpose of your apps. :)
Last edited by DreamStatic on Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: IMDB Plugin?

Post by Conor »

Glad you are playing around with Xcode it's quite a useful hobby to have. Changing the date modified is possible but internally it's called dateEdited. The following bit of code will set the current modified date:

Code: Select all

[entry setValue:[NSDate date] forKey:@"dateEdited"];
Although date modified should be updated every time you make a change to an entry, so the above shouldn't be necessary from the IMDb plug-in.
DreamStatic
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Plugin?

Post by DreamStatic »

Most excellent, it fixed me up. FYI, it didn't work at first due to the double "d"s in the key. But once I removed the extra d, it worked like a charm. Thank you so much. :)

Was there a way for me to have figured out that key? Just trying to learn, if it was possible. Thanks again, I appreciate the help.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Plugin?

Post by Conor »

Sorry about the double D typo, fixed now. The plug-ins contain a file called constants.h that have most of the keys, this one being newer is not yet there. The same for the HTML possible tags listing online.