Clearing unused data

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
Chains
Inductee
Inductee

Clearing unused data

Post by Chains »

Hi all,

I have a query with regards to whether its possible to delete any data that is not used in a record. The reason I'm asking is this, in my CDPedia collection I made a typo when entering the name of a record label in the label field, rather than typing Geffen I ended up typing Geffeb. Now whenever I start typing Geffen in new entries it automatically fills out the field with Geffeb until I type the full name. As there are no other entries in my database with Geffeb in them I'm wondering if there is a way of deleting the unused Geffeb from the database so it doesn't keep trying to put it in automatically.

Chains
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Clearing unused data

Post by Nora »

You can edit the autofill values by going into the Preferences/Autofill and selecting the field you want to edit from the drop down menu option. Then use the little plus and minus buttons at the bottom of the window to add or delete entries or double-click a value to edit it directly.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

You can also press the "rebuild" button after selecting a field and it will recreate the list from all the values in your current collection. Great way to see if you have any typos in any entries.
adamhh
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by adamhh »

Hey Conor

Can you tell us exactly what occurs with the 'rebuild' function? I've always been terrified to use it, thinking it might do damage to my data, I have hundreds of unique entries in fields and I'm scared to mechanize any fixes, thus I've always done as Nora suggests above. If I knew exactly what it did and how it does it I might have courage to use it :D
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

The 'Rebuild' button clears your autofill list for the selected field and rebuilds it from the data you have in your database, thus eliminating any values that aren't actually used in the database. It does nothing to your actual entry data, it just affects the autofill feature.
adamhh
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by adamhh »

Ah... many thanks!