CDpedia - Track Matching Apple Music App Issue

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
DanThe
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

CDpedia - Track Matching Apple Music App Issue

Post by DanThe »

CDpedia Version: 6.1.1 (Mac App Store)
Device: Mac mini M1
MacOS Version: Big Sur 11.5.2 (20G95)
Music App Version: 1.1.6.37
CD: ABBA - Waterloo (2001 Remasters)
Affected Tracks: Honey, Honey; Honey, Honey (in Swedish)
Unaffected Tracks: Ring, Ring (US Remix 1974)

What the above tracks have in common is that have a repeated word separated by a comma and a space. The spelling of these tracks are identical in both CDpedia and the Music app.

The issue in CDpedia is that the affected tracks do not link to the same tracks in the Apple Music app. However in CDpedia, if I remove the comma (Honey Honey) then the track will link to the track (Honey, Honey) in Apple Music.

What is funny, the track "Ring, Ring (US Remix 1974)" does not have this issue and it links fine to the same track in Apple Music.

That's it.
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: CDpedia - Track Matching Apple Music App Issue

Post by FineWine »

In the affected field have you tried deleting the entire entry. Ensure you high-light the field first as this should show if there are additional spaces and invisible gremlins etc, you should end up with a totally blank/empty field to manually enter the entry into.

Just a thought :idea:
DanThe
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: CDpedia - Track Matching Apple Music App Issue

Post by DanThe »

Hi FineWine.

Because of all the changes with the Apple Music app, I have been rescanning my CDs and correcting things like additional spaces and invisible gremlins along the way.

I was going to remove this post because after scanning a few more albums, I came back to this one and now it is showing fine (gremlins :?: ).
I think this has to do with a delay with the Apple Music library sync.

Kind of like it when issues resolve themselves. :wink:

Thanks for the assist. :D