No Doughouse Menu in CDPedia 5.1.2

A place for Doghouse related posts.
Bobby

No Doughouse Menu in CDPedia 5.1.2

Post by Bobby »

I've noticed a ton of stuff in my CD collection that isn't on Doghouse so I decided to look into contributing my CDPedia library. I've never done it before so I started reading up on the feature. Everything I read leads me back to a "Doghouse Menu" where I can setup an account. However, I cannot find a Doghouse menu anywhere in CDPedia; I DO see the menu in DVDPedia.

In mid July, I was helping beta test the iSight scanning capabilities in CDPedia so I had the latest version then and it claims I am still on the latest at 5.1.2.

I'd love to get some of my library into Doghouse for others to use so any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Nora
Site Admin

Re: No Doughouse Menu in CDPedia 5.1.2

Post by Nora »

Is your CDpedia registered? The Doghouse menu doesn't appear unless the program is registered with a serial number (or was purchased through the App Store).
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

Hi Nora! Thanks for the prompt reply.

No it is not registered. I think we talked about that a while back (maybe it was Conor). I got DVDPedia through the app store but I got CDPedia from the website a long time ago (and then from a beta installer that you sent me to in July). I really can't recall if I paid for CDPedia now or not! lol

If I did, it's worth buying again so I'll just backup my libraries and get it through the app store this time.
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

Awesome. I deleted the old install and reinstalled through the app store. The Doghouse menu is there, it's registered AND it kept my libraries intact so... bonus. :-)

I selected a few albums that didn't show up in a Doghouse search and selected "Contribute Selection". Once I see that they are showing up correctly in a Doghouse search, I'll start submitting more.

Thanks, Nora.

Edit: Sweet... my contributions show up in the Doghouse search now!
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Excellent, thanks for helping the Doghouse grow and making the programs better for everyone! :)
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the contributions. I just wanted to mention for others to not be surprised if contributions don't show up right away as the search is done by seeking a special blazing fast index that is only created every few hours.