Asian Movies

A place for Doghouse related posts.
bigfella
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Asian Movies

Post by bigfella »

Hi, been awhile since I have been on the forum. One thing I noticed is that as a moderator , my contributions to Asian movies have been changed in some instances. I have spent a lot of time getting the correct covers (usually the English dvd's) and as much detail as possible. Checking out titles on Doghouse I find those that I have spent much time on, have been altered and to a degree lessened by those alterations. If possible could one of the sites that supplies "edit" data include asiawiki.com as it is very good and I find it to be close to 100% accurate in detail (regarding detail as per Imdb style) , unlike some of the American and European sites, which have a tendency to edit detail.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Asian Movies

Post by Conor »

Hi Bigfella,

Thank you for all the moderating on Asian movies. Do you remember if the extra details are to fields you had left blank after moderating or fields have been changed? Entries can gather extra info to empty fields from regular uploads after moderation but existing data will not change. For data to be updated another moderator would need to update the entry. We have updated the API to no longer add credit details after an entry has been moderated, we have been thinking about doing the same for regular fields. if you run into it again do let us know the dog tag so that we can look at the logs for the exact details and try to improve the contribution process. Thank you for the link to asianwiki, I took a quick look at it and it's not based on Wiki Media (the engine used by Wikipedia) that would have allowed an easier creation of a plugin due to the API available in Wiki Media. I'll add it to the list of possible extra search site for DVDpedia.
sitenoise
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Asian Movies

Post by sitenoise »

That would be epic if you made an asianwiki plugin. That is also where I get many summary details for Asian movies, but their code is probably whack. They mess around a lot. For example, I have to launch Safari in order to see images on their site any more. None show in FireFox or my Browser of choice, Camino.