"Summary" Copyright Question

A place for Doghouse related posts.
Hendrix
Contributor
Contributor

"Summary" Copyright Question

Post by Hendrix »

I would like to contribute, and upload my Bookpedia collection to Doghouse.

However, some (without checking every book, I have no way of knowing how many, or what percentage) of the summaries are from Amazon and are like this one: "...atmospheric story is a winner. Copyright 1991 Reed Business Information, Inc.", which I guess is not very helpful as these will then have to be deleted out by the moderators.

Should I go ahead and upload my collection, knowing that a good chunk of it will need to be changed, or not contribute it at all?

Thanks

Hendrix
Conor
Top Dog

Re: "Summary" Copyright Question

Post by Conor »

Hi Hendrix,

We do have some filters in place to try to detect summaries that are okay to be contributed. But you are correct that moderators will need to fix those that fall through the cracks. Although every contribution help and every moderation or fix is very welcome we also want it to be enjoyable and easy for users without having to think about it to much. So it's our job to improve those filters, I have updated the submission process so now any summary with a match of "Copyright [a year]" will be ignored. So go ahead and please feel free to contribute without worries.

Regards,
Conor
Hendrix
Contributor
Contributor

Re: "Summary" Copyright Question

Post by Hendrix »

Thanks Conor. WIll do.