Purchased At: field be included in Doghouse Books

A place for Doghouse related posts.
FineWine
Site Admin

Purchased At: field be included in Doghouse Books

Post by FineWine »

As the "Subject" suggests could Doghouse include/displays the "Purchase at:" field. This becomes very relevant if your Format is ePub/eBook. It then makes if very easy for those searching for eBooks to know where they can purchase that book; Apple iBooks, Amazon Kindle, Kobo, ebook.com, Google Play, Hive, etc

EDIT: just realised this idea would also apply across all the pedia's as we can now legally download; DVD's, Books, CD,s & Games. e.g. A DVD can be purchase from; Apple iTunes, Google Prime etc. All this sourcing info would be a great help to searches of Doghouse.
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: Purchased At: field be included in Doghouse Books

Post by FineWine »

Oops just realised you have sort of answered this question before here: http://www.bruji.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5780
That I asked this before maybe we need to revisit it?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

I like the idea, but to avoid the whole privacy issue it would need to be some sort of new field in a new version, something like "available at". But what I am looking t ideal would be able to figure this information out on the fly, I had hoped there would have been an explosion of API data services with the AppleTV. I figured with people talking to Siri, all the installed services would want to share all their data, so that DVDpedia or Siri could say, this movie you have purchased at Netflix, but is also available at Google Play and free at Hive next weekend. As getting an API like this up and running on Apple TV would be beneficial to all, but has not materialized yet.
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

Yes the idea would be beneficial, oh well we just have to wait.

Thanks