Upload for Album does not work/duplicates online

A place for Doghouse related posts.
Waldbaer
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Upload for Album does not work/duplicates online

Post by Waldbaer »

Hi Bruji,
I just had a problem uploading my newest CD from CDpedia to Doghouse. The upload does not result in any feedback of the application, the entry does not get a dog tag, my online library does not get any update. I searched manually in doghouse via the web site and found two more or less duplicate entries (1 2) for the album. A look to the admin pages said to me that those were uploaded some months before by somebody else with both slightly different data. I did not delete them yet to give you a chance to find the problem - maybe there's some kind of collision there? Here's a screenshot of my data:
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Upload for Album does not work/duplicates online

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the details. There are no errors in the Doghouse logs with an upload, but also no entries for any attempt of "homecoming". Are there any errors in your console when you try to upload it? To see if there are any messages from CDpedia, you can access the console log via the application 'Console', located inside your Applications/Utilities. The newer messages are towards the end of the log. Also if you don't mind drag that entry out to the desktop and you will get a .ccard that you can send me via email and I can try uploading the same data without copying it. Cause even if there is another entry you should be getting a dog tag, even if it decides it should merge the data.
Waldbaer
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Waldbaer »

Hm, I just tried again and now it works, here's my entry. :)
I don't find any console messages, too, probably it was just to warm for it to work... no idea.

Should I merge it with the other two since they are duplicates without further or even different information?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Glad it worked, could simply have been bad luck. There are rare times the server is overloaded and it drops a few requests. Actually the server is doing fine, it's the database that can't keep up with the load. I have to migrate from SQL to Postgre just to fix it, so not an easy fix or ease up on my indexing after additions. :D

Don't worry about merging, there are slightly different and that is fine.