DVDpedia and Bookpedia In Your Language

Announcements, upcoming features,... (READ ME!)
Conor
Top Dog

DVDpedia and Bookpedia In Your Language

Post by Conor »

The Pedia's can be partially translated into any language by changing two files inside the application bundle. To open the application bundle right click on DVDpedia app and select 'Show Package Contents' from there navigate to Contents/Resources/English.lproj. RealTitles.plist and MainTranslation.plist files there can be opened with any text editor and translated. The translation is applied to the characters on the right side of the equal sign. Feel free to post the translated version of those two files here in this forum or send them to us to be included in the program

(Edited to bring up to date with version 3.0)
Last edited by Conor on Tue May 23, 2006 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
rwm59
Contributor
Contributor

Re: DVDpedia and Bookpedia In Your Language

Post by rwm59 »

Conor wrote:The Pedia's can be partially translated into any language by changing two files inside the application bundle. To open the application bundle right click on DVDpedia app and select 'Show Package Contents' from there navigate to Contents/Resources/English.lproj. RealTitles.plist and Type.plist files there can be opened with any text editor and translated. The information inside the <key> tags must stay the same, the translation is applied to the characters inside the <string> tags. Alternatively you can open the files with the following program attached to this post called Property List Editor. Open the disclosure triangle and it will allow you to easily translate the third column (value) for each field. Feel free to post the translated version of those two files here in this forum.
Sorry, I can't see the program Property List Editor...where is ?

Edit : by the way, I've translate the RealTitles into Italian, how I can post it ? ... and ... I don't find no one files named Type.list into the resources folder... where is?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

We are creating a web page on translating the pedias. Give us a few days and will have all the files you need. The type.strings file changed names in 3.0 to MainTranslation.strings, it's a better name to make it obvious.

The Property List Editor program comes on your OS X CD under the developer tools. But it's easier to use a text edit program to translate the files, without the need to install more software. I unlinked the file cause I was not sure about the license and if I am able to distribute the program as it's part of OS X.