Pocketpedia2

Announcements, upcoming features,... (READ ME!)
remix2112
Inductee
Inductee

Re: Pocketpedia2

Post by remix2112 »

I would love to be a beta tester, as well. I still have Pocketpedia running on my iPhone & iPad 2, and I've been careful to make sure it didn't accidentally get deleted from my MacBook or devices. It's like this precious relic or family heirloom that must be preserved at all cost!

I'm (obviously) looking forward to the new version -

remix2112
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

If only it could be traded as a collectors item, there would be a whole new market.
teacher24_70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by teacher24_70 »

Having a built-in barcode scanner would be TERRIFIC! It would make it easy to add to our database when away from the computer and then have it sync back up later.

Are there plans to incorporate iCloud with the Desktop and Mobile versions for syncing?
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

We're looking at iCloud and how to incorporate it with the Pedias, yes.
tomwer
Contributor
Contributor

Post by tomwer »

hallo,
passiert nun noch mla was mit pocektpedia oder nicht? ich denke in 1,5 jahren sollte jeder in der lage sein ein programm umzuschrieben und eine andere möglichkeit finden daten abzurufen. mitlerweile hat sogar ein mitbewerber der noch nichts mit mac oder ios was zu tun hatte ein programm im app store, und das ist noch nicht mal schlecht. also kommt da noch mal was oder kommt da nichts mehr? weil dann brauche ich meine dvds nicht mehr in die pedia datenbank eingeben, das ist doppelte arbeit für mich.

lg
tom
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Ja, Pocketpedia kommt wieder. Sobald Version 5 der Pedias draussen ist (momentan in Beta Testing) wird Pocketpedia wieder im App Store sein.
PaulW.
Inductee
Inductee

Post by PaulW. »

Is there any news on a new Pocketpedia (I keep checking the site once a week lol), using another programe on my IPhone which I absolutely hate, nothing compares to DVDpedia.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

No news to spread yet but we're working on it. :)
PascalB
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by PascalB »

I do not know exactly the problem with Pocket Pedia and Amazon (and I am completely out of IT business) but I tested last week a Mac software for DVDs, not as good as DVD Pedia of course, but for which the synchro with the iPhone is very easy. This software extracts also the datas from where you want including amazon and you can transfer them without problem. I do not know how it works, I just have to input a IP adress generated by the soft in my iPhone and the transfer takes only few minutes for 2000 DVDs.

So, I do not know if it's an IT problem or a relationship problem with amazon, but if it's only an IT problem, maybe the way of doing the data transfer of this soft can be the solution ?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the tip. It's not a technical issue so we can use that solution. Don't worry the new version will be even easier than entering an IP address.
Splutterbug

Post by Splutterbug »

I'm a huge fan of the Apps and I use Pocketpedia2 all the time, luckily enough I downloaded from back when it was still on the store. If you need any Beta testers at some point I'd be happy to help. The idea of using the iphone as a barcode scanner is a genius idea, hopefully it makes it through.
kenaustus
Contributor
Contributor

Post by kenaustus »

I haven't studied all the replies, but it would seem that it would be possible to add a flag for the name, and secondary name fields.

Step two would be to use the LOC (or other local public library) or non-Amazon site to pull the name, which is based on the users data entry, and place it in the new name file. If there is no information available then allow the user to manually enter the names of the writer and book name. The flag field can be used to automatically verify that the information comes from a non-Amazon source, or was manually entered.

As a final process, the new information can be written in the original fields, with a flag that it is safe to use in a sync.

Obviously only the new fields would be used for syncing.

When new books are added you would be able to (1) first use a non-Amazon source, (2) set the flag for "safe" data and (3) allow syncing.

Another option for some of us with Bento would be to add a template in the Template Exchange system that have. Donations only, but might work.

http://solutions.filemaker.com/database ... x_home.jsp
Bobo
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Bobo »

So Version 5.0 is out!
Some news for pocketpedia?

Really waiting for it!

Peter.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Please give us a little time to deal with the whirlwind of the version 5 update first. :)

We will get started on Pocketpedia as soon as possible - we want it back in the App Store as much as you do - but there are only three of us here at Bruji and I'm not a programmer so our resources are not infinite. But we're working as hard as we can to get Pocketpedia back into your hands! (Or rather, your iPhones/iPads... :))
Bobo
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Bobo »

Thanx for the fast answer...

Have a nice weekend,
Peter.