Official widget release and CDpedia 1.2.0

Announcements, upcoming features,... (READ ME!)
Nora
Site Admin

Official widget release and CDpedia 1.2.0

Post by Nora »

Here's the official version of the AmazonPedia widget and the new release of CDpedia. The CDpedia release includes a lot of new features and fixes but it's not a 2.0 release yet because we haven't included the new Amazon webservices yet. (We'll get to that next. :))
yore
Contributor
Contributor

Post by yore »

Hi,
nice to hear that CDPedia will get the 2.X treatments too :-)
I hope that includes, the date-format thing :) and exporting to iPod :-)

Thanks
DJY

Post by DJY »

and additional data source plug ins.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

We'll bring the date format and the additional data sources to CDpedia soon. (Amazon webservices 4 which include Amazon France, Japan and Canada and I'm looking into writing some plug-ins for music sites such as towerrecords.com)
Probably iPod export too although that seems a bit redundant since most people will have their music collection in the iPod already, no? :)
Ted
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Ted »

Nora wrote:Probably iPod export too although that seems a bit redundant since most people will have their music collection in the iPod already, no? :)
Definitely not redundant -- I have only about 1/3 of my CD collection in my iPod. Every time I buy an old CD I'm cringing at the thought I might already have it -- it would be great to have my full collection list on the iPod.

And even for people with smaller collections -- not everyone has the largest capacity iPod -- nor does everyone use the same bit rate -- I use 256bit AAC -- double that of the iTunes store -- which effectively halves my iPod capacity.

Ted
yore
Contributor
Contributor

Post by yore »

I willl chime in too. I can't keep it all in iPod so I would also love to see this done. Thanks :-)