Gamepedia Beta 0.9

Announcements, upcoming features,... (READ ME!)
Conor
Top Dog

Gamepedia Beta 0.9

Post by Conor »

Hello everyone,

There is a brand new Gamepedia beta for those interested in testing it out. As always, feel free to provide feedback by replying to this post or via email.

The 10 game limit is in place to protect the program, but for those wishing to buy Gamepedia early the integrated store is enabled. The program is not available on the web store.

Conor
Iqon
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Iqon »

Great! Just what I have been waiting for. Some questions and suggestions:

1. Is it possible to get some kind of rebate, if you already own one or more of the Pedias?

2. It would be great, if you could get the ranking of a game from http://www.gamerankings.com, the best site I know for getting a pretty accurate score for a game. Also, there are a lot of sites out there, which would probably contain better information about games than Amazon, for instance http://www.ign.com or http://www.gamespot.com. I really don't trust a "Summary" from a site which tries it's best to sell a game, no matter how bad it is.

3. I also miss an option to add one or more trailers/video reviews/gameplay videos to a game in the database.

4. In Dvdpedia you can choose to view your dvd's in Table View, Cover View and Web View, but in Gamepedia, Table View and Web View seems to be merged into one... I think the Dvdpedia way of showing things is better.
ebh
Contributor
Contributor

bundle price

Post by ebh »

I've already bought the 3-pedia bundle. Will this be included in the bundle price, or will it be available as an add-on, or have you figured that out yet?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Of course there is (now) a discount, and they are as follows:

If you own two of our Pedia apps you get 20% off. The coupon is relative to the apps you own now and you must enter the correct one in the coupon field when buying Gamepedia.

DVDCD
DVDBOOK
BOOKCD

If you own all three apps the discount is 30% and the coupon is:

DVDBOOKCD

This includes if you bought the programs as a bundle.

Gamepedia is extensible in the future through the plug-in architecture. The problem with some of the sites you mentioned is a question of copyright, but we are always looking to improve. (We hope to make the plug-in creation easier, so that as a user you can create those plug-ins for personal use without violating any copyrights.) However take advantage of the new link feature. If you drop a gamespot review into the links table it will get the review score and add it. Then you can always jump to the review in the web view from the links section. Here once again we become more slick with the QuickTime, instead of a separate area, drop some QuickTime files into the link area, it will link them for you and you can view them in Gamepedia with a single click. It also allows for more than one QuickTime file. :)

You can still get the same feeling with the views as in DVDpedia by dragging the info view (web view) all the way to the top of the screen. Then you have table, cover views and the info button to bring up the full-screen web view as before (Some of the info view styles are designed with this in mind, with a previous and next button as well as an image). The elements like the url field to go to a web site and the 'add current game to collection' when at an Amazon page have moved to a contextual menu accessible by right clicking on the web view. I hope to include "add as link to current game" to that menu as well, before the release.

The beta has been updated with the following:

- Strange display behavior affecting the thumbnail view after the info view is animated (image resize only happened in a portion of the view) (scroll bar was not set to correct height) (animation left white lines across the image).
- Return in the collection list finishes editing and does not select the next collection name for edit.
- Changing collection refreshes the cover image view to empty if the new collection does not contain the same selection as was selected in the previous collection

Now I must go celebrate the first sale to "Anakin", one of our testers. :)
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

0.9.1 beta update

- Collapse animation removed from info view.
- Fixed some more issues having to do with display refresh after animation
- Added contextual menu item to info view for "add page to links for game".
- Added contextual menu item to info view for "add image to links for game".
- When viewing links back and forward arrow become lighter to represent the end or beginning of the link list.
- Added keyboard navigation of command-[ and command-] to cycle through games
- Added keyboard navigation of command-[ and command-] to cycle through links when viewing links
- Added keyboard navigation of command-. and Esc to end fullscreen web view.
- Busy indicator while loading Listmania in Gamepedia.
- Ability to move Go To Site window.
- Added foreign article sorting
- Localized the info view and some export templates.
- Fixed double addition of links when downloading more info.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Official Release 1.0.0

- Collapse animation removed from info view.
- Fixed some more issues having to do with display refresh after animation
- Added contextual menu item to info view for "add page to links for game".
- Added contextual menu item to info view for "add image to links for game".
- When viewing links back and forward arrow become lighter to represent the end or beginning of the link list.
- Added keyboard navigation of command-[ and command-] to cycle through games
- Added keyboard navigation of command-[ and command-] to cycle through links when viewing links
- Added keyboard navigation of command-. and Esc to end fullscreen web view.
- Busy indicator while loading Listmania in Gamepedia.
- Ability to move Go To Site window.
- Added foreign article sorting
- Localized the info view and some export templates.
- Fixed double addition of links when downloading more info.
- Index creation added to template export