DL2 interview - comments nearly unanimous for the Pedias

What other people think of us.
-LD
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

DL2 interview - comments nearly unanimous for the Pedias

Post by -LD »

http://www.tuaw.com/2008/01/25/tuaw-int ... -deliciou/

This is what always happens. I called out TUAW in the post for never giving an coverage of an app most people seem to prefer.

Conor, has TUAW ever been in contact with you for an interview?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the link, it is quite a long video; talking about all those new features that the pedias already have. It's good to see all that support for the pedias. As long as they are at least mentioned once, so that people know they are out there, I am happy. I have never been contacted by TUAW but I have emailed Erica Sadun in the past; she had access to the iPhone early on and she tried out our iPhone templates.
ScottH
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by ScottH »

The guy who wrote the original TUAW blog entry, Victor Agreda Jr, has posted a comment tonight (45th in the comment thread) that says that TUAW is open to doing a "bakeoff" type post that includes the pedias. He also writes:

"If the developers of Pedia or Bruji or *anything* else would like to talk to us, we're willing to listen, record and report."

So it sounds like all you'd have to do is reach out to TUAW for some coverage. Their Tips page is:
http://www.tuaw.com/tips

Maybe Conor or Nora should arrange an interview. You've got the release of 4.1.2 to peg it to. Tell them how long you've been developing Bruji and the Pedias, and how many releases you've had, and how many features you've added. They seem, of course, inordinately impressed by the DL people. Let them know that you guys have been dedicated, professional, and producing a fantastic product for all these years, and have a loyal, enthusiastic fan base (well, they may know that last part, considering how Pedia users hijacked their DL interview post.)

BTW, Erica Sadun wouldn't be the right person to contact; she's all about hacking the iPhone. You need one of their general application software people, who isn't so focused on one product.

And if you don't get a response from TUAW and some well-deserved publicity, post it in that thread so you can call Agreda out on his words.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Will definitely write to them let them know who we are and find out if they are interested in writing something. We do send them tips with each major release that warrants a press release, but I am sure they get many of those daily.