My review of Bookpedia and it's competetors

What other people think of us.
dagopher
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

My review of Bookpedia and it's competetors

Post by dagopher »

I wanted to let you know that I have just completed a review of your software. I've been struggling with finding the right Home Library software that would meet my needs and in the process decided to organize and post my notes on my blog.

The entire review may be found at http://dagopher.livejournal.com/19477.html

I compared the following:

* Readerware
* Delicious Library
* Bookpedia
* Library Thing

Ultimately, I chose Bookpedia and purchased it.

Way to go guys!
danco
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by danco »

Great review and comparison.

You CAN take a text file of ISBNs (one per line) and import it, though, which was one of the things you said cannot be done.

I forget the details, but I have done it. I guess Conor or Nora will explain what is needed, it's fairly simple.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Thanks so much for the review - you obviously put a lot of work and thought into that. All the more exciting that Bookpedia came out tops! :)
Danco is right that you can copy paste a list of ISBNs into the multiple add field. It's only one line but it can take it. Just hit the Add button and your list will appear in the window below. We'll see if we can make that more intuitive in the future.
dagopher
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by dagopher »

Danco is right that you can copy paste a list of ISBNs into the multiple add field. It's only one line but it can take it. Just hit the Add button and your list will appear in the window below. We'll see if we can make that more intuitive in the future.
Thanks - I'll give that a try.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the detailed review, it is very honest. I like that you included Library Thing, it's what I feel is our biggest competitor. All traditional software developers face the upcoming rush of web applications. For cataloging I still think it will be another 5 years before they can catch up to the speed of sorting, filtering, editing and browsing your database that you can achieve on the desktop. I also hope that having ones data on a hard drive, to be accessed without internet, kept private and soundly backed up, is as important to others as it is to me.