'Pedias with Cue Cat Reader

What other people think of us.
ronjaffe
Inductee
Inductee

'Pedias with Cue Cat Reader

Post by ronjaffe »

I've been using DVD Pedia for about three days only now. I have a huge collection of 'strange' 50's-90's horror and cult type strange movies and was trying to find some sort of database to store everything. I manually built a database but it was clunky slow and a pain to use.

When I tried DVD Pedia, I thought it was the coolest thing since sliced bread. I saw 'Delicious Library' first and thought the idea of a barcode reader to enter stuff was pretty nifty but didn't have $175 to spend on the reader they sell. When I saw that the 'Pedias' supported a cheap barcode scanner called a "Cue Cat" I had to get one.

I plopped on eBay and did a "Buy it Now" to get one for $19 including shipping. Has to be a "modified" one, whatever that means, and most of those on there are, apparently.

It arrived today and I plugged it in and just grabbed a DVD to see what would happen. Holy cow, it read the code and retrieved the DVD from the IMDB lickety split! No manuals, no drivers, nothing, just plug and play!

So for less than the cost of Delicious Library alone, I was able to get DVD Pedia AND the barcode scanner that is going to save me countless hours typing! As soon as I get done I'm ordering the BookPedia since I really want to categorize my 3000+ book library. I was NOT looking forward to doing that by hand.

Excellent work, Conor - Your software rocks!

Ron
Orlando, Florida

Disclaimer: No, I'm not related to Conor, nor am I receiving any money for my testimonial :) It's just a damn fine program!
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Thank you Orlando. It is always great to hear from our customers; especially when we get this kind of email or post at the forum it makes us feel warm and fuzzy on the inside. Knowing that Mac users out there are enjoying the programs is what makes developing for the Mac such a great job. :D

Regards,
Conor.

P.S. I at Nora's computer, so the post will appear with Nora's name, sorry if I cause confusion.