I miss Delicious Library

What other people think of us.
Schalk

I miss Delicious Library

Post by Schalk »

Hi there,
i just switched from Deliciouds Library to DVDpedia, because they lost the Amazon DB Access, and im not really happy with this New App. Sure DVDpedia has a lot of great Features DL does not have, but the most important function is a fail: Finding/Adding new Movies! I have a large BD/DVD collection (around 1000 Movies) and loved how great DeliciousLibrary worked because it found about 90% of the Movies i scanned. DVDPedia is the opposite... About 90% of the Movies i scan are not found!!!! Also by Typing the Name it mostly finds useless Results!!! Im glad that i could import the old Library but still to add all my new Movies is Pain in the Butt!!!
Also it is annoying that it sorts the german Articles with the Titles "der/die/das". It would be useful if it would ignore them...
The Bottom Line is, that i m not really happy with DVDpedia but it is a little bit better then nothing :( I hope they will find Access to a usefull Movie DataBase where i at least find 70% of the Movies i scan...
Nora
Site Admin

Re: I miss Delicious Library

Post by Nora »

Thank you for trying out DVDpedia. Working on updating the German datasource of Amazon DE, that is the site were DL also gets their information. Because Amazon just moved to a new API version, more limited but at least should help you find most of the German matches for Books. I'll post a link here when I have a beta version ready for the new API. But always welcome suggestions on open database for info that have an API to include more languages into Bookpedia. Do consider signing up for Doghouse, as it lets you submit books that you had to enter manually to share the general details with other german users that might be searching for the same book.
Schalk

Post by Schalk »

Hi Nora,
thanks for your Post. Thats good news that you are planing to integrate the Amazon API, i hope it will also work with movies because i dont plan to organize my Books/Mangas digitaly. I also hope that you will add one Day the option to ignore «der/die/das» by sorting the movies.
This Weekend i worked a lot with DVDpedia and as said it was a looooot of worke to Add severel dozents of new movies manualy… But i must also say that when they are done it looks great because i can give them much more detailes than i could do with DL. :D What i like a lot is, that i could add in the options new Attributes. For exemple, i added the german age restriction: «FSK 0 – FSK 18»! Thats really great !!! :) But for some reason the pull down menue in the Movie Menue doesnt work anymore… I already wrote an email with screenshots to your support. Hope they find a solution…
Also a very nice feature is the own Website i can have by uploading to Doghouse :) Its realy cool to show my friends my collection online !!! I notized that it shows some of my Blu rays as DVDs… not a big deal but wold be nice if you can correct that one day ;)
But the highlight of everything is the Pocketpedia APP!!! I bought it because i want my Movie Library always with me. ;) And i must say it is great!!! It just is exactly as it shoud be and the sync works flawless !!! So i must say i like DVDpedia a lot better then a few days before but a much better Search result (from Amazon DB) is a must! So im really looking forward to new improvements but DVDpedia has truly the potential to step out of Delicious Library’s shadow and become the organizing App that all collectors of physical Medias are waiting for !!!! :)
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Just wanted to update you that the beta is ready and 6.0.2 will be out in a few days after beta users report in.

It can be downloaded here:

https://bruji.com/beta/dvdpedia.zip

You can use my keys by holding down the option key and clicking on the “Help” menu and selecting “Amazon Test”. These keys will continue to work as long as I get some referrals from Amazon for that particular country store as Amazon is now making that a requirement. So if buying something consider starting the buying process by clicking on the title in the details view on the Pedias to open the Amazon page.

Haven't had time to look at the pop down menu yet, but do have your email flagged to fix.

For ignoring the German articles, visit the preferences under "DVDpedia" menu and select "ignore foreign articles". I can't do it automatically otherwise "Die Hard" would end up wrongly sorted in English. There is also a "Sort Title" field that can be enabled in the preferences. Gives you 100% control where to sort things, you only need to fill it for items you want sorted somewhere else. Like "Twenty Four" for "24", if you don't like all your numbers together at the top.

Kind regards,
Conor
Midori
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Midori »

Hello,

I used the Amazon workaround, but it does not add Amazon dbs to the list anymore. What am I doing wrong?

Also. Most French isbn now send me that book as result if nothing is found:
https://imgur.com/a/On9FAlU which is rather weird.