Bug in DVDpedia statistics

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
BenRoimola

Bug in DVDpedia statistics

Post by BenRoimola »

I found this weird bug in DVDPEdia: for some years the statistics of DVDpedia shows a different number of "Movies seen per year" with the chart than it lists up when you click on the year to see which movies you saw on that specific year.

For example my DVDPedia statistics shows on the statistics view, that I have watched 4 DVDs in 2010, but when I click on "2010" in the chart, the list of movies only shows 2 titles.

Same thing for this year. I have watched 18 movies so far, but the statics page claims that the number is 21.

My statistics page shows 11 years of movie watching, but the number of movies watched on the statistics page and on the listing for the year in question only match for 4 separate years.

I am using DVDPedia 6.1.0 on an iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2011) running MAcOS High Sierra 10.13.6.

I'll be happy to give you more information if you need some.

Thank you for the great work you have done with the Pedias, they are invaluable to me. Keep up the great work!
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Bug in DVDpedia statistics

Post by Conor »

Hi Ben,

Thank you for the taking the time for reporting the bug and the issue with such detail so that I could find it.

This is sort of the expected behavior, what is going on is you have marked a movie as seen twice (or more) in a single year.

Say you watched two movies twice in 2010. So it displays 4 movies watched count, but when clicking on the year it can only dispel the title of those 2 movies. If you then select a movie and use "Movie -> Last Seen History" you will be able to find that one of them will have "2010" twice in the history.

I can see the case for making sure the number match and only counting the number of unique movies seen per year. But this is a slower process then doing a quick count of the year per last seen history. Since the statistics already take a while to calculate, I don't want to slow it down, but I'll look if it's possible to make it an enhancement.
BenRoimola

Re: Bug in DVDpedia statistics

Post by BenRoimola »

Thank you for the explanation. The behavior makes complete sense to me now. Not a bug, but a feature. :D

And thank you for pointing out the "Last seen history", a feature I hadn't noticed. Great to have that!