Trouble importing Amazon wishlist

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
pedrocm
Contributor
Contributor

Trouble importing Amazon wishlist

Post by pedrocm »

Hello,

I'm having some trouble importing Amazon wishlist: Bookpedia isn't properly finding its most updated version. The strange thing is that if I choose de "Amazon view" I get the up-to-date version of my wishlist, but if I choose the "Bookpedia view" I get an older version, which includes some titles I've already deleted and some new additions missing. Any clues? Is this some kind of cache problem? (I just updated to 3.5.0 and problem persists).

pedro
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Download Bookpedia again and give it another try. We tweaked it to make sure that it does not cache any wish list data. If the issue is not solved then it is an issue with the Amazon web services. We present the information that is returned by the web services, and we ask for the wish list based on a unique ID provided by Amazon. Their web services are only a small part of the whole Amazon system and it might be that it lags behind. Do let us know if this is the case as we can pass the bug report up the chain.
pedrocm
Contributor
Contributor

Post by pedrocm »

Hi Conor,

I just did what you suggested but the problem seems to persist. I added some new books to my Amazon wishlist and they show up when I search them using the Bookpedia view - that bit is ok then. The only strange thing then is that some items I had already deleted in Amazon, keep showing up (but only on the Bookpedia view).
Thanks,

pedro
dagopher
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Trouble importing Amazon wishlist

Post by dagopher »

I wanted to let you know that I'm still seeing this issue with v4.2.2. I have to think the problem relates somehow to the Amazon Web Services returning old, cached data. Maybe they updated how you have to access the Amazon Wishlist through the API?

thx
Gopher
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the information, I will dig around.
MisterMagee
Contributor
Contributor

Post by MisterMagee »

Hello,

I seem to be having trouble with this feature in CDpedia. I can find my wishlist with a search, but when I go to add it to CDpedia, it tells me there are no CDs in the wishlist, even thought that's all I have in my list. But if I choose to view it with amazon, the list can be viewed correctly. Any ideas? Has something changed with the 4.3.0 release?

Thanks!

Edit: Even though I only have CDs in my wishlist, It seems I am able to add the list items to Gamepedia. But not CDpeida, nor DVDpedia or Bookpedia for that matter. Odd.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

If you don't please email us your amazon email so that we can search for your wish list and try it out. Once we can replicate the bug it makes it easier to fix.
MisterMagee
Contributor
Contributor

Post by MisterMagee »

Thanks, my amazon email has been sent to support email.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for all the information, the fix is in the next version.
MisterMagee
Contributor
Contributor

Post by MisterMagee »

Cheers, Got the beta and it now works a treat. Thanks!