Aplle remote hold down buttons

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
lannp
Captain
Captain

Aplle remote hold down buttons

Post by lannp »

DVDPedia version 4: The Apple remote "held down" buttons do not do anything. So cannot toggle between full screen and pull up/down. Cannot get out of full screen mode to table mode. Only mouse clicks work.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for letting us know about the bug. You can download DVDpedia already for the fix, it will be official tomorrow with the mandatory 4.0.1 update.
lannp
Captain
Captain

Apple Remote behavior not correct

Post by lannp »

I am using DVDPedia 4.0.4. The Apple remote still does not work and a mouse is still needed to get from table view to full screen view (It used to work in 3.6.) Once in full screen view, the mouse needs to be clicked to pop up the small icons at the bottom and clicks are needed to get out of full screen or to get to the single DVD info screens. At this point, the Apple remote works but need to use mouse to get back to full screen and another mouse click to get back to table view (click on the "X".) Holding down the "Play" button on the Apple remote triggers the search box, but does not toggle full screen/table view as it should.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Are you running any other Apple remote software that could be intercepting the click, like Sofa Control or Remote Buddy and what version? The command to enter full screen and come out of full screen is holding down the menu button (a tap takes you to front row). We don't capture play in regular view in case a user is controlling iTunes or another application. I am away from the office until the 14th so I don't have access to a remote until that Monday, but I will give it another thorough testing then.
lannp
Captain
Captain

Post by lannp »

I have a Mac mini )OS X) and it is only used for DVDPedia and the Apple DVD Player to play my ISOs. Remote Buddy 1.1 is running all the time. With DVDPEdia 3.6, all I need is the Apple remote and Remote Buddy to select different ISO from, toggling back and forth from table to full screen (because I need to load the ISO for example.) DVDPedia 3.6 toggles between table and full screen by clicking the "Play/Pause" button on the Apple remote. Long press on it will toggle the Info section.

DVDPedia 4.0.4 lost the Apple remote button toggle function. The Menu button does not do anything, click or press. The + and - do not do anything. The only way to go from table view to full screen is to click on the "Full" button on the menu. The only way to get out of full screen is to pop up the small window and click on the "X" with the mouse.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

The shortcut for the full screen view has changed so you have to update that for Remote Buddy. It used to be Command-Option-F but since that is used by Apple to access the search field we've changed the command to Command-Option-U.
lannp
Captain
Captain

Post by lannp »

Thanks, Nora. That did it. Now I can toggle to full screen with the Apple remote. How do I use the Apple remote to bring up the detail window? Mousing brings up the little pop up menu and I can click the mouse on the horizontal lines to switch to the detail window. Can this function be mapped to the Apple remote buttons? What are the keystrokes to bring up the detail window? I want to avoid using the mouse so if I can get to the detail window with the Apple remote, that would be complete.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

DVDpedia normally catches the Apple remote events, but since your catching the events before hand with Remote Buddy you will have to map them to the keybaord commands. Enter brings up the icons toolbar another enter selects the current selection, arrows to move to another option. If you are only interested in the details you can map a button to double enter to take open details directly, as it's the first selection. But it is best to map to just enter and the arrows so that you can move around in the toolbar as well as in the menu that appears.