Mac 10.5.2 kills DVDpedia

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
patherto
Contributor
Contributor

Mac 10.5.2 kills DVDpedia

Post by patherto »

I just upgraded to Mac 10.5.2 this afternoon (it was an automatic upgrade), and now DVDpedia won’t launch. It was working fine beforehand.
DreamStatic
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by DreamStatic »

I also upgraded to 10.5.2 and all is well here. Thank goodness. Sorry to hear about your trouble. But wanted to confirm 10.5.2 didn't effect everyone. Hope you get it sorted out.

Good luck.

~DreamStatic
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

We have also tested against 10.5.2 and the pedias are working fine. Could you take a look at your console log for any errors from DVDpedia. You can view the log with the program of the same name in your utilities folder, newer entries are towards the bottom. If DVDpedia crashes while launch it should provide a crash report, if you could please email us that, it would provide us with more information. You can also find the old crash reports in ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/DVDpedia. Thank you.
patherto
Contributor
Contributor

It’s not just DVDpedia…

Post by patherto »

InDesign CS3, Photoshop CS3, Mail, Acrobat CS3, QuarkXpress 6.5.2, MSWord…all of the above programs refused to launch after I upgraded to 10.5.2.

After an hour on the phone with Apple, they finally told me to Archive and Restore. Darn!

Then I decided that, given the installation was a clean one, maybe I could upgrade to 10.5.2. So I tried it. Same results—couldn’t launch many essential applications.

Another Archive and Restore, and I’m staying at 10.5 until 10.5.3 comes out.

Phooey! (I’m glad to hear you’re not having problems.)
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Sorry to hear you had to restore twice, but glad to hear it's not a DVDpedia specific bug. We rely on a lot of Apple technology so any bugs in OS X could easily affect the Pedias. Thank you for letting us know, this way if another user reports a hang when launching we can be more informed as to what it could be.
Rigido
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Rigido »

Just to let you know:

Code: Select all

bash-$  sw_vers 
ProductName:    Mac OS X
ProductVersion: 10.5.2
BuildVersion:   9C31
bash-$ 
No problems here...