[Gamepedia] Some small bugs

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
sam
Contributor
Contributor

[Gamepedia] Some small bugs

Post by sam »

Just bought Gamepedia 4.2, found a few little bugs (I think).

Not a biggie really, just confused me at first. When adding a new title, if you try to delete the ASIN provided by amazon data, it doesn't get seem to get deleted when you actually add the entry. Once you go back in and clear the field, it then goes away.
Related to this, if you hide fields on the add page, the data from amazon does not get added to the entry, except the ASIN entry which seems to always get added.
I suppose this might be because the ASIN field is special in some way?

I've also noticed that it seems that custom field names aren't updated until restart, so if you change one in preferences, the add a new entry the field still shows "Custom X".

Related to this is that if the cover art is changed and you are in cover view, most of the time the old cover is retained, and nothing but a restart fixes it.

Thanks for a great program,

Sam
Conor
Top Dog

Re: [Gamepedia] Some small bugs

Post by Conor »

We try to keep the ASIN even if the user does not have the field displayed. It's very useful when doing the download cover art, listmania and other searches, it allows us to get the correct result without guessing. If you really want to get rid of the ASIN, don't do it while adding but afterwards in a batch edit to remove them all at once.

Because one can edit the date format in the preferences as well the changes are not performed until you close the add/edit window and open it again, a restart shouldn't have been needed; so we will look into it.

How are you adding the new cover art? Dragging to the main cover in the main window or the cover in the add/edit panel, or pasting?
sam
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sam »

Hi Conor,

Thanks for the explanation on the ASIN field, it makes sense now that you explain it.

Playing around with the cover art problem, it seems to only happen if you drag it to the cover panel on the left while in Cover View, the other times in the add/edit dialog seem to work fine. It also seems not to happen every time. Sometimes it just works fine! That's software for you I guess.

Thanks for your help.

sam
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the details. The main cover panel should send a message to the cover view to let it know it needs to reload a certain image. We will keep testing it as it could be that somewhere the image is getting cached for speed and not being reloaded.