Obscure DVDpedia search bug (?)

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
PGW
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Obscure DVDpedia search bug (?)

Post by PGW »

This one's kind of difficult to explain, so I hope this is clear.

I've been entering the 6 movies in the "Shim Eun Ha Collection" boxed set separately, drawing the film's data from imdb. So far so good.
When I'm doing this, I have "Shim Eun Ha" in the search field, so that only these films will come up in the window. However, her name does not come up in the imdb as "Shim Eun Ha," but "Eun-Ha Shim" so I need to modify the name in both appropriate fields in DVDpedia in order for the search to work correctly.

Okay. Here's where it seems to be doing something strange. I enter a new movie, modify the actresses name, close the window and re-do the search... and the new movie doesn't come up.

However, if I then open up a window with the movie I've just entered, close it, and THEN do a search... it works.

It seems what it SHOULD do is find the modified data once I've closed the window, not require me to open (and close) the window AGAIN before the name-change registers.

I hope this makes some kind of sense! :-).
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Obscure DVDpedia search bug (?)

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the bug report. If it happens again in the future, and you can reproduce it please do let us know more. I have tried to reproduce but have not been able.

I do an internal search for "Shim Eun Ha"
I do a web search for "Shim Eun Ha" and get the movie with "Eun-Ha Shim".
I replace it for "Shim Eun Ha" in starring and credits.
Then I press "Add" but immediately it gets added to the displayed search results.

I also did the opposite:

I do a web search for "Shim Eun Ha" and get the movie with "Eun-Ha Shim".
Add the movie
I do an internal search for "Eun-Ha Shim"
open the movie for edit and replace "Eun-Ha Shim" in starring and credits.
Then I press "OK" and immediately it gets removed from the internal search results.
I filter for "Shim Eun Ha" and I get the correct movie

Are you in the Library collection or a smart collection? It's is a very strange bug, I am sure there is a small subtlety I am missing that is causing the problem, I will continue to try reproducing it.