Pocketpedia issue

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
kbarnes70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Pocketpedia issue

Post by kbarnes70 »

Hi, I am synching with no problem to Pocketpedia but one of the fields is not being update properly on the iPhone. This is the 'Date Added' field. On the main program I have different smart collections for each year of acquisition from 2002 onwards. When I sync to Pocketpedia, all the movies are placed in the correct folders (2002, 2003, 2004 etc) but in the details, every one has the same purchase date. I notice that the field in Pocketpedia is called 'Purchased on' not 'Date Added' - could this be a problem? Thanks. Kind regards, Keith
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Pocketpedia issue

Post by Conor »

The date added field and the purchased on field are two different fields. The date added field is more of an internal field of when the entry was added to the database, this might not be the same as when it was bought although it would match for those entries that you enter the day you bring them home. The date added field is not shown in Pocketpedia as most users find that information useless. Since you are seeing the purchased on in Pocketpedia it means it has a value, you might just need to update your smart collections to be based on the purchased on field. If you been updating the date added field as if it where the purchased on field you can move all the values in the date added field to the purchased on field using SQL.

1. Quit DVDpedia
2. Navigate to your home folder ~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia/Database.pediadata and make a duplicate copy of that file as backup.
3. Open Terminal
4. Copy paste the following command one line at a time (this will update purchased on, only if it's empty).

Code: Select all

sqlite3 ~/Library/Application\ Support/DVDpedia/Database.pediadata
update zEntry set zPurchasedOn = zDateAdded WHERE zPurchasedOn is NULL;
.exit
kbarnes70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Pocketpedia issue

Post by kbarnes70 »

Conor wrote:The date added field and the purchased on field are two different fields. The date added field is more of an internal field of when the entry was added to the database, this might not be the same as when it was bought although it would match for those entries that you enter the day you bring them home. The date added field is not shown in Pocketpedia as most users find that information useless. Since you are seeing the purchased on in Pocketpedia it means it has a value, you might just need to update your smart collections to be based on the purchased on field. If you been updating the date added field as if it where the purchased on field you can move all the values in the date added field to the purchased on field using SQL.

1. Quit DVDpedia
2. Navigate to your home folder ~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia/Database.pediadata and make a duplicate copy of that file as backup.
3. Open Terminal
4. Copy paste the following command one line at a time (this will update purchased on, only if it's empty).

Code: Select all

sqlite3 ~/Library/Application\ Support/DVDpedia/Database.pediadata
update zEntry set zPurchasedOn = zDateAdded WHERE zPurchasedOn is NULL;
.exit
Conor - thank you! You're right - I was using 'Date Added' as if it were the 'Purchased On' field because, amazingly, I hadn't actually noticed that there was a 'Purchased On' field. How it escaped me I have no idea as it is right there below 'Purchased At' which I also use! It's the way I've always done it since I first got the program and I guess that once I'd started doing it that way I just carried right on.

I've followed your instructions above and now have the Purchased On fields all set correctly. Thanks again for your wonderful support with DVDpedia.

Kind regards,

Keith