gamepedia using thumbnails when using mobygames search

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
Rockin' Kat
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

gamepedia using thumbnails when using mobygames search

Post by Rockin' Kat »

Hi,

The other day I was entering my Playstation games into gamepedia and I decided that mobygames seemed to have the most detailed info and cover scans for the system for the most part... The thing is, Gamepedia wasn't picking up on all the info that was listed on each of the games pages.... it didn't pick up the platform "playstation", the release date, and it copied the thumbnail rather than the full size images so I had to open mobygames in my web browser and enter that data manually and copy the correct coverscan image.

Perhaps something got changed with how mobygames displays info?

-Matt
Conor
Top Dog

Re: gamepedia using thumbnails when using mobygames search

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the information. Download the Gamepedia beta and it will have an updated Moby plug-in.
Rockin' Kat
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Rockin' Kat »

That's much better... But there's still one glitch.. The release dates aren't imported correctly. For instance, A searching for "Sonic CD" brings up Sonic CD for the Sega CD, and imports the release date from mobygames as Dec 1969, when the listing it's pulling gives a release date of Nov 19 1993.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the information. You can download the beta again.
Rockin' Kat
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Rockin' Kat »

It's working great now. Thank you!
Rockin' Kat
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Rockin' Kat »

Well, I just got done adding my Sega CD collection using the mobygames and for the most part it pretty much picked up on what was there... I added just over 50 games and only about 3 games where it did something weird and imported the cover as a big white space with the actual cover in the lower left hand corner. One of the games that did this was Bram Stoker's Dracula

Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the heads up about the issue and the details to reproduce it. It had to do with the high DPI of the image, meant for print and not screen. It's now fixed in the beta version.