Database not opening on network drive

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
cmont75

Database not opening on network drive

Post by cmont75 »

I just updated to the latest version (4.2.2) of dvdpedia and now I can not open the database which is stored on my imac with my laptop. It shows the collections and then will not show the individual dvds. I just get the beachball until I force quit. Works fine on the imac and will work on the laptop if I copy the file over to the laptop. Not sure if this is related to the new version of the software or not, but it used to work fine.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Database not opening on network drive

Post by Conor »

We haven't made any changes to the database or the way it is loaded with 4.2.2. Try restarting the machines, including the server as it might be some kind of file locking mechanism in OS X that is causing the issue. If it still continues to freeze use the "sample" option in Activity Monitor on DVDpedia. Please save that sample and email it to us and it will give us more information to what might be going on.
cmont75

Re: Database not opening on network drive

Post by cmont75 »

Working OK today. Must have been something else yesterday. Thanks for the help.