Sorting DVDpedia

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
Andrew1972

Sorting DVDpedia

Post by Andrew1972 »

I have a problem with the sorting of titles in DVDpedia. Die Another Day is listed under A when scrolling through titles and it appears, between Anna and the king and Apollo 13. Does anyone else have this problem, if so how did you manage to get your collection sorted alphabetically?
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Sorting DVDpedia

Post by Conor »

Hi Andrew,

You probably have ignore foreign articles checked in the preference window under the General tab. If you are not interested in ignoring non-English articles then turn this option off. Otherwise turn on the sort title field under the fields tab in the preferences. And for the movie "Die Another Day" copy the title into the sort title. This will sort the movie by "Die Another Day" instead of ignoring the German "Die" article.
Andrew1972

Post by Andrew1972 »

That worked, Thank you. :D
Axel
Captain
Captain

Post by Axel »

Hi,

I've got a very bothering issue for a few weeks now and I really can't figure out how to fix it...I think it happened when upgrading to the new version of the pedias but it might be a coincidence.

My items can't be sorted by Series anymore...all the items within a same serie are listed correctly but the overall alphabetical sorting is wrong...
Checking or unchecking the "foreign articles" box does not change anything and all the "sorting title" fields are empty (they always have been empty and it was working well before...)

Sorting all the other fields works perfectely....but my library was always sorted by Series...

Could someone give me a tip please?

Many thanks in advance

Axel
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Could you send us your Database.pediadata file so we can take a look at your sorting issue here? You'll find the file in your Home folder under ~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia/Database.pediadata. Please archive the file before sending it to save space. (Select it and choose 'Archive' or 'Compress' from the File menu. That'll create a new file called 'Database.pediadata.zip' which you can then attach to the email.) Thanks!
You'll find our email on the support page.
Axel
Captain
Captain

Post by Axel »

Hi Nora,

Many thanks for that generous suggestion...I've sent you the zip file
Axel
Captain
Captain

Post by Axel »

Finally I thought that if you don't have a problem with my database the issue could be in one of the pref files in the mac...So I decided to delete the pedia completely, trashing the pref files as well, and after reinstalling the issue was gone...I should have done that from scratch.

Thanks
Axel
Captain
Captain

Post by Axel »

How to fix this issue, by Conor:

If you hold down the option key while clicking on a column it sorts them by last name. This is useful for columns like author and editor, obviously a bit confusing on series. We make no attempt to block the option sorting from any of the columns but title, but maybe we should to avoid this confusion. I just wanted to let you know in case it happens in the future, just click on the column again while holding down the option key.

Thank you Nora and Conor for your help