Default Columns in DVDpedia

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
Ted L. Nancy
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Default Columns in DVDpedia

Post by Ted L. Nancy »

Not sure if this is a bug or not..

Depending on my mood for the day, occasionally I like to change my columns in DVDpedia. When I change them for my Library, I also want them changed for all my collections, so I usually just set them how I want and then select "Make Columns Default." This has the effect of changing most of the columns in my collections automatically.

The problem comes in in that it only changes the collections in which I have never edited the columns from their default. What I normally end up doing to these is going into each unchanged collection and selecting "Apply Default Columns," which solves the problem, but only temporarily. If I ever go back to set a new "Make Columns Default," then I still need to manually go to all the Collections in which I have edited the columns before and select "Apply Default Columns."

So I guess my question is: Is there a way to truly "reset" a collection to a default status for its columns or whatever so that when a new "Make Columns Default" is selected, it changes all the collections, whether or not their columns had been changed before?

Sorry if this is confusing. Let me know if I need to clarify something.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Default Columns in DVDpedia

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the detail request. It was an implementation detail that when the default columns are applied they are set to the current default version. What you described that the preference should be removed so that they pick the current default makes a lot of sense. Especially since the previous behavior would still be available by dragging a column to a new location and then back, hence setting the columns for that specific collection. Download the DVDpedia beta for the new version where "apply default columns" will set a collection to the original behavior of updating with the current default.
Ted L. Nancy
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Default Columns in DVDpedia

Post by Ted L. Nancy »

Thanks so much for the quick response and update!