Gamepedia covers not making it to Pocketpedia

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
kengi
Contributor
Contributor

Gamepedia covers not making it to Pocketpedia

Post by kengi »

I updated about a dozen of my games last night with cover art along with adding my newest game purchases. I did a sync afterwards on my iPhone, and it added the new games but did not add the images for the games that had already been purchased. In order to get those images to sync, I had to do a full restore of the database.
Alex
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Gamepedia covers not making it to Pocketpedia

Post by Alex »

Most strange. Did you have the Large Covers preference off in Settings-> Pocketpedia?
kengi
Contributor
Contributor

Post by kengi »

I just checked, and I have Large Covers ON. I am willing to try other things to see if I can replicate what happened.
Alex
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Alex »

Hmm... it was just a thought. If you could reproduce it it would be useful to aid us in troubleshooting. I haven't experienced the particular scenario you describe. What I have experienced is that if you already did a sync without covers, merely adding the covers is not enough for Pocketpedia to detect a change and so it will say that no synchronization is needed and ask you if you want to do a clean sync, saying yes will sync the covers.

Like I say, it is different than your situation where you had the covers when you did the syncing.
kengi
Contributor
Contributor

Post by kengi »

For those dozen or so games, it was simply an image update. However, there was other games that were new for Pocketpedia to pick up on, and I've had that get the new images in the past.