DVDPedia Sorting: 300 before 2001

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
kengi
Contributor
Contributor

DVDPedia Sorting: 300 before 2001

Post by kengi »

When sorting my DVDs, 300 is coming up above 2001: A Space Odyssey. I believe DVDPedia is sorting based on value, as in 300 is less than 2001. Is there a way to treat these as characters instead of integers?

e: Well, after adding my Simpsons box sets, I start to see the reasoning. If it sorted by text and not value, it would put 1, then 10, then 11, then 2... Any way around this if the first character is a number?
Conor
Top Dog

Re: DVDPedia Sorting: 300 before 2001

Post by Conor »

In the preferences under the fields tab you can turn on the sort title field. This will allow you to set special sorting rules for certain movies such as those starting with numbers. For "300" you could add "Three Hundred" to sort it with the Ts or just "3" and "2" for "2001" to sort them by the first digit and not by numeric size.
kengi
Contributor
Contributor

Re: DVDPedia Sorting: 300 before 2001

Post by kengi »

That worked great. I also was able to edit my Simpsons box sets by adding "Simpsons #" with the season number so it doesn't sort based on the spelling of the season (First, then Fourth, etc). Thanks!