Scrolling With A Logitech MX Revolution Mouse

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
Tamburra
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Scrolling With A Logitech MX Revolution Mouse

Post by Tamburra »

Hell again. I have always had this problem but it has finally been annoying me once I started getting my library up and running. I have a Logitech MX Revolution mouse and when I scroll down in DVDpedia (or any of the pedias) everything works great. It's when you scroll up that you start running into problems. If you slowly scroll up there is no movement. You need to put some force into it to start scrolling. And once you hit the top of the list and stop the mouse wheel it will jult you down two entries. So for me to get to my movies "[REC]" or "007: Dr. No," I have a hard time. With the MX Revolution mouse, I have this problem on both click and smooth scrolling. I never have this problem with any other mac software. I have reformatted in the past and it still does this same thing. I also tried it on a friends mac and it has the same affect. Has anyone else came into this problem? I have no idea what is causing it.
Alex
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Scrolling With A Logitech MX Revolution Mouse

Post by Alex »

Hmm... This is indeed very weird. I have a Kensington Expert Mouse and a regular Apple mouse and have not experienced this at all. Scrolling is fine in the pedias.

Make sure you don't have any software that is affecting the mouse driver like USB overdrive, etc.

Does the logitech come with drivers for the Mac?
Tamburra
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Tamburra »

Yes they do. They are on there website. It installs an icon for your system preferences to be able to customize buttons and stuff. My apple mouse works fine though. Stinks.
Alex
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Alex »

You might want to try it without the driver. The Apple mouse uses a different driver than the logitech one if you installed it. Might be worth a try as an experiment...

Cheers,