CDpedia 4.5.1: Weird sorting bug

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
jenv
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

CDpedia 4.5.1: Weird sorting bug

Post by jenv »

I had two entries one with
Orig Release = Jun 21 1982, Release = Sep 20 1994
one with
Orig Release = Jun 21 1982, Release = Jan 24 2006

When I sorted (Release then Original Release) with ascending dates (later dates are lower), the second disc was first! In other words, the sort wasn't stable. I tried retyping the dates, checking for extra whitespace (there was none), nothing worked. Then I had an inspiration. I retyped the Original Release dates as numbers, not words i.e. 21/6/1982. Voila! Things were now sorted properly. As I said, weird.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: CDpedia 4.5.1: Weird sorting bug

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the bug report and the detailed information. What is the "date added" date for the entry that was wrong and you had to update? Although you can't see it the dates include time information. Normally this is not a problem if dates are not equal, nevertheless, we standardized our dates to noon (this is what happened when you re-entered the date it was updated). It used to be that the computer would add the time of when you added the CD to the original release making it not equal to the other "Jun 21 1982". If you wanted one could view the time on a date by changing the date format preferences in the preference panel to "%d %b %Y %H:%M".
jenv
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by jenv »

The one with the 1994 Release has a Date Added of Oct 09 2007 03:25, the 2006 release has a Date Added of Oct 09 2007 03:26.

Btw, with my Date Format set to "%b %d %Y" (American standard), why does CDpedia require dates be entered as "%d/%b/%Y"?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the information, means it was an old bug that shouldn't happen anymore.

Apple been updating the way that dates can be entered in Leopard, will take a look and see if there anything we should be updating.