CDpedia 4.5.1: bug in Refresh iTunes Tracks

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
jenv
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

CDpedia 4.5.1: bug in Refresh iTunes Tracks

Post by jenv »

When you select Help->Refresh iTunes Tracks, CDpedia does indeed mark all of the tracks as found. Unfortunately, it doesn't mark the album as "all found" (showing a two-leg musical note). The album is still marked as "partially found" (a one-leg note). In order to complete marking the album as "all found", you must go to the Tracks panel of the album, modify the name of one of the tracks, restore the correct name, and save it. Then CDpedia correctly marks the album as "all found".
bradandbree
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: CDpedia 4.5.1: bug in Refresh iTunes Tracks

Post by bradandbree »

This is still the case in 4.5.3. In fact, some of my albums do not even show the single note once the Refresh command is complete, although as the OP pointed out, it changes to the double note after opening and closing the tracks tab of the edit window.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Do you get a progress sheet that says "Refreshing status: matching to X entries..." when you select the refresh command?
bradandbree
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by bradandbree »

I do see that, yes. And I have a lot of tracks in iTunes (about 14,000), so it takes a bit of time. :)
Thanks,
-Brad
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

So although you do see the progress sheet, it's not actually doing its job. You can then open a movie with a single leg note and it will update when closing the edit window to a double leg note?
bradandbree
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by bradandbree »

Yes, that's correct. And unlike the original poster, I don't even have to make any changes in the edit window. Just simply opening it to the Tracks tab and then closing it changes the single note icon to the double note icon.
jenv
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by jenv »

bradandbree wrote:Yes, that's correct. And unlike the original poster, I don't even have to make any changes in the edit window.
You're right. I made the incorrect assumption that something had to actually change in the item to trigger changing the note.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for all the information. I'll continue to try to reproduce the bug. This is a complicated bug as our iTunes databases are not the same.