Full Screen Mode Loses Covers and Crashes

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
theun4gven
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Full Screen Mode Loses Covers and Crashes

Post by theun4gven »

In DVDpedia 4.5.3, when I scroll through my DVD collection in Full Screen mode, after going through about 3/4 of the collection, the program will stop displaying covers and instead just shows blue boxes with the DVD title instead. the covers it has already shown remain, but no new covers will display. After continuing to scroll for another 10-30 DVDs an error is displayed saying "This program has quit unexpectedly..." although the program is still in the background, only it is unresponsive.

This occurs on two separate computers running two different version of OS X and only began after installing DVDpedia 4.5.3:

Mini 1.83GHz C2D running 10.4.11
iMac 2.8GHz C2D running 10.5.8

My collection contains 484 movies.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Tom
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Full Screen Mode Loses Covers and Crashes

Post by Nora »

Could you please send us the crash log for DVDpedia so we can take a look at what might be happening? You'll find it in ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/DVDpedia.crash.log. Also, could you have a look at your console log, see if there are any messages from DVDpedia? You can access the console log via the application 'Console', located inside your Applications/Utilities. The newer messages are towards the end of the log.

You can send it all to our email found on the support page.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Full Screen Mode Loses Covers and Crashes

Post by Conor »

Hi Tom,

Try removing any embedded color profiles from the images. Download the Embed sRGB Profile-Applescript.zip script from Toad's Cellar. navigate to your covers folder in ~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia/Covers and select all the images and drag them over the script and then select "Generic RGB profile". This will change the profile on all the images. As with all batch processes I recommend making a copy of the "Covers" folders before running the script.